A ton of exciting updates to share—check out what’s new on TaxDome.
We’ve added KBA capability to e-signatures, introduced a feature request board, revamped the import process and much more. Read on to learn the details.
✍🏽 Unlimited E-Sign Improvements + KBA
In Q4 2019, we introduced our new e-signature feature. Today, we’re announcing two more exciting updates: KBA & Multiple Signers.
Long awaited, we are proud to announce the addition of KBA) – knowledge-based authentication as an added option fulfilling all IRS requirements for Form 8879.
In addition, you can now send documents to be signed by multiple users. This feature utilizes our multiple login feature–you can choose signers from the list of emails under profile access. Each user will see only the fields that were added specifically for them, and you will be notified when each user signs.
💬 Secure Messages
Did you know that there is secure messaging inside of TaxDome? Some of our clients didn’t. To make it more clear, we’ve rebranded this feature, turning
Info Requests into Messages. We’ve also added a frequently requested feature: your clients can now create new message threads inside their client portal. Previously, clients could only respond to your requests. Now, they can also start new ones. You will never miss a new message because they create a notification in your Inbox+.
🗒️ Speedier Document Uploads
We’re in phase 2 of improving document uploads – you can now upload documents faster & the process is more intuitive. When uploading you can now see the full document tree, you can create folders within the same view, and drag-and-drop has been improved. In addition, the ability to move files has been greatly simplified.
For a full and detailed breakdown of what’s changed, take a look at this help article.
🖥️ TaxDome Drive Improvements
We’ve made improvements to the TaxDome Drive, allowing you to import files from other document storage sites (Sharefile, SmartVault, Dropbox, etc) into TaxDome easily or to backup your TaxDome files to local storage even faster.
- You can now do [almost] anything via the TaxDome Z:\ drive: create folders, move files, rename/delete files and folders and even edit files with third party programs (a few limitations remain but we’re working on them).
- You can even add year folders directly inside the permission silos: Public, Private, Client Docs.
- Remember, the easiest way to set up the TaxDome Drive up is to install our desktop Windows / macOS apps. Drag and drop large document sets with ease.
📇 New Import Tool
The faster you can get your information into TaxDome, the sooner you can get back to doing billable work. With our new import tool, you can import data to TaxDome with more flexibility.
- Use your own spreadsheet & map columns to fields as you wish (e.g., column D to Account name). Our old import template has been removed.
- No data is lost: create custom contact fields during the import.
- One tool for importing accounts and contacts. Decide whether you want to import contacts only or import contacts + create accounts all at once.
🙋 Feature Request Board
The needs of our clients are a priority and we want to make sure your voice is heard.
That’s why we just released a way for you to submit feature requests as well as upvote requests made by others. This will help us prioritize tasks in our roadmap. The board is only available to paying TaxDome subscribers.
👍🏽 Visual Improvements & User Experience
- Inbox+: Received an important email? You can now turn an email notification to a task right from Inbox+.
- Pipeline improvements. You can now see how long each Client Account has been in the respective stage. In addition, you can now sort pipelines by account name or by the amount of time the account has been in the stage.
- Task improvements. WYSIWYG editor added to description fields.
- Bulk assign client accounts. You can now batch assign client accounts to team members right from the accounts list. You can also define which team member(s) should be assigned automatically to new accounts.
- Contact improvements: You can now see all linked accounts inside each contact.
- Paying on Behalf of a Client. You can now manually process credit cards for your clients by entering card details on their behalf. Your clients can still pay in their portal, this does not remove that functionality.
- Revamped account creation. Assign team members and tags to an account right when you create it. It’s also possible to link contacts within the account.
- Template improvements. You can now duplicate templates.
- Account export. You can now export all accounts to CSV.
- Time tracker improvements. It’s easy to manage your time entries with our new tools. Use filters to display time entries assigned to a selected team member(s), within specific time frames, or with specific tags. In addition, time entries related to a specific client account are now shown in their profile.
- Referral program: We’ve introduced a referral program for our subscribers – refer your friends and receive free user-months on your license.
Plus 185 more tweaks and fixes!