We’ve been hard at work building new functionality to make TaxDome work even better for you and your practice. In the past month, we’ve added Contracts (new feature!), released a Zapier integration, added notification preferences, added new functionality to Jobs, implemented user experience improvements to the client portal, and much more. Read below to find out more.
📣 Zapier Integration
TaxDome strives to be the one central location for your work. However, you may still have other applications that you wish to integrate with TaxDome. Zapier allows you to sync information between programs that do not have direct integrations. Here are some popular ways of connecting TaxDome and other apps:
- When changes are made to a contact inside TaxDome, update their data on Google Sheets, Mailchimp, or other service
- When new rows are added to a Google Sheet, new contacts are created in TaxDome
- When new contacts are created in TaxDome, introductory call events are created in Google Calendar
- When contacts are deleted from TaxDome, subscribers are removed from Mailchimp
- More automations are coming! Please post your desired use-cases in our Feature Requests board to request the integrations you need!
📃 New Feature: Contracts
Contracts (also known as engagement letters, proposals, etc.) allow you to obtain digital agreements from your clients quickly and easily. Unlike signatures, contracts do not require markup of the document to indicate where you want the client to sign. You can have as many contract templates for different uses (bookkeeping, single-year tax prep, audit, representation, financial analysis, clean-up, payroll, etc.) as needed. Templates can be plain text or include custom HTML.
Soon, contracts will be added as automated actions to pipelines.
We’re actively working on expanding the Jobs functionality that was recently introduced. Here’s what have been improved during the last development cycle
- Jobs now expand in the right sidebar, reducing clicks and allowing you to make updates without leaving the pipeline
- Jobs can now have descriptions, priority, and you can set due dates
- Jobs now have notes, allowing a centralized location for your team to stay up to date
- You can see and edit all your Jobs on one single page
- You can create Jobs using the +NEW button from left sidebar
👥 Account Info Page Redesigned
User feedback showed that the Client Account interface for managing profile access & linked contacts was not clear. Now redesigned, you have granular control for each contact. Namely — you have full control & can see who has portal access, which emails receive notifications, and which email addresses will be collected in your synced email history for this Client Account.
🔔 Notification Preferences
Each firm member now has full control over which notification(s) they want to receive, and in which location via the notification preferences toggles.
🆕 User Login Improvements
When logging in from the TaxDome home page (instead of your firm’s login page), your team & clients are no longer asked for your firm URL. When logging in from the TaxDome home page all you need is your email & password. This change has reduced errant signups from your clients who intended to register for your firm, but register as a TaxDome firm accidentally.
The second improvement (pictured below) is with navigating multiple accounts. It is now clearly visible which account they are viewing & they can also see the number of notifications for their other accounts (pending signatures, unread documents, messages, pending organizers, bills, etc.).
🤖 New Automated Action — Apply Folder Template
Automated actions now include creating firm tasks, sending emails, sending organizers, sending secure messages, and now applying folder templates. Once a Job enters a Pipeline stage with predefined actions, your desired older templates can be applied automatically.
👍 Visual Improvements and User Experience
Aside from major features listed above, our team has made a ton of smaller improvements. Here are a few highlights:
- Mac OS App Authentication: Touch ID authentication added allowing you to log in to the macOS app using your fingerprint
- Trash for clients: The feature that was recently introduced for firms is now also available for your clients. Files deleted by your clients can now be restored if they are accidentally deleted or replaced.
- (Auto-nag) in Signatures. When requesting signatures, you can now include automatic reminders which continue until the document has been signed
- New filters in Docs. You can now quickly filter documents to display pending approvals, pending payments, signatures and more
But that is not all, there are a ton of other new features, improvements, and fixes. And as always, please reach out to us with any questions, requests or concerns via the TaxDome Community on Facebook!
In case you missed it, here’s a summary of the major features which we covered in the previous post.
Subscribe to our news!
We will send you the best of our blog just once a month. We promise.