Your accounting practice website will usually be your first point of contact with a client. In less than five seconds, the potential client may make a judgment on your practice based on the design, usability, and content of the website. Therefore, it is critical that your accounting website makes an impressive, professional presentation. The key to creating the ideal website is to choose the best website builder for accountants. Here is a look at the top website builder options for your accounting practice.
Why Do Accountants and CPAs Need a Website?
Accountants need well designed and informative websites in order to look professional in front of potential clients. To drive traffic to your accounting site, you will need to provide the right information in order to gain a high ranking on search engines such as Google and Bing.
Once a potential client is on your site, they should be able to easily understand the services that your accounting firm or tax firm offers. That’s where a quality website builder for accounting comes in. This essential tool allows you to create a site that makes it easy for visitors to navigate, find the right information, schedule an appointment, and securely submit documents.
While there are a number of accounting website builders, their fee structures can vary widely. Below is a comparison of the major website builders popular with accounting firms.
Accounting Website Builder Fee Comparison
|Accounting Website Builders||TaxDome||CPA Site Solutions||CCH||Thompson Reuters||Build Your Firm||Client Whys||Accountants World||Get Set Net||Axsen|
|Annual Fees||$600 (includes full TaxDome Plan)||822 – $1,740||$995||Price Upon Request||$839.88 -,$4,199.88||From $348||Price upon request||$348 – $1,188||Price upon request|
|Setup Fee||$0||$0||$0||Price Upon Request||$0||$0||Price Upon Request||$0||Price Upon Request|
|Hosting Fee||$0||$0||$0||Price Upon Request||$0||$0||Price Upon Request||$0||Price Upon Request|
|Template Fee||$0||$0||$0||Price Upon Request||$0||$0||Price Upon Request||$0||Price Upon Request|
As you can see, there are many options available. While you may be tempted to consider the lowest-priced option, be sure to look at what the website builder offers. Does the service offer an easy-to-use interface? What about customer support? Does the price include more than a website builder? For instance, TaxDome’s complete website builder suite is included in its overall service. With one price plan, your firm has access to a complete suite of services that allows your accounting firm to easily communicate, send secure documents and manage payments with all of your clients online.
Proven Ways To Keep Visitors Engaged on Your Website
The longer a visitor stays on your website, the better the chance that visitor will become your next client. With that in mind, here’s a look at some proven ways to increase engagement on your accounting site.
- Make sure your website loads fast: No one will wait for your website to load. Be sure to test your site speed and take the needed steps to increase website speed whenever possible.
- Give them a reason to stay on your site—and to return: One of the most effective ways to turn visitors into potential clients is for them to subscribe to your firm’s newsletter. The newsletter can include tax tips as well as other valuable information that can build your firm’s authority.
- Keep your visitors engaged – One of the best ways to keep a visitor on your site is to give them an incentive to engage with the site. There are a number of ways that you can accomplish this. First, you can offer lead generation products such as an ebook, chart, or case study. You can also place calculators, quizzes, and surveys on your site. The more ways that a client can engage on your website, the better.
- Make your firm offerings clear: Be sure to make your accounting firm’s offering prominent. For instance, do you offer free consultations? Perhaps you can offer same-day appointments. Give your visitors a clear and compelling reason to click the “contact us” button.
- Mobile-friendly matters: More than half of your clients will make their first visit via a mobile device. Be sure to test your site to ensure that it is mobile-friendly. Virtually all websites for accountants need to look good both on desktop and on mobile devices.
Creating the Ideal Website for Your Accounting Practice
Your accounting firm’s website is the storefront that allows tens of thousands of potential clients to see what your firm offers. Therefore, it is important to consider a top accounting website builder that will give you the tool to create a website that truly converts. You can get started today with TaxDome and their popular website builder service. Hundreds of accounting firms rely on TaxDome to build and manage their website.