An organized document workflow is critical for tax, accounting and bookkeeping practices. We are incorporating your valuable feedback and taking great strides to simplify the document upload process.
We’ve eliminated silos and we simplified the document upload process for your clients. Today, we’re excited to announce we’ve extended the simplified document upload process to firm owners and employees, as well. This is the next (but not final) step in the document interface redesign. Read more below!
Now you can upload files in the right sidebar without opening new tabs and losing context. This results in a far faster upload process with less clicks. Everything happens quickly and within one window.
To upload files:
- Click +New to upload a document or a folder
- Select the desired permissions choosing a folder:
- Private (clients cannot view or edit)
- Client uploaded documents (clients can view and edit)
- Firm docs shared with client (clients can view, but not edit)
In addition, you also have the following features accessible within the same window (optional):
- Client Notifications: You can decide if you want email and push notifications to be sent to clients about the newly uploaded files.
- Team Notifications: You can opt to notify teammates who are following the client account when one of the contacts opens the document for the first time.
- Document Approval: You can choose to prompt the client to provide feedback on the document (this option is not available if you’re uploading files into the Private folder).
Document drag and drop
If you’re viewing the Doc tab in the client account, you can now simply drag and drop files to any folder there. It’s as easy as uploading files to GDrive!
In future, you will be able to also lock documents to bills directly within this window and request signature. Currently, these features are available via the 3 dots next to an uploaded document.
What’s changed for your clients?
Recently, we’ve simplified document upload in the client portal. Now your clients need less clicks to upload files and don’t need to choose a folder to upload — everything will be automatically uploaded to the Client’s Docs folder.
What additional upgrades would you like to see to document workflow? Share your suggestions in our Feature Request Board!
Subscribe to our news!
We will send you the best of our blog just once a month. We promise.