This month has seen some exciting new product updates, including scheduled invoicing, new recurring invoice templates, an integration with Companies House, some key improvements to our CRM and desktop app, and more. We also have some live daily webinars to tell you about, designed to help you use TaxDome’s tools and features like a pro.
The following exciting features are currently available to our Early Access community but will be available on general release soon:
- Proposals and ELs (Proposals and Engagement Letters, formerly Contracts): engage with clients, pitch your services and secure timely payments all in one place
- Redesigned organizers: we’ve simplified the design, interface and flow of our organizers (forms) to make them easier than ever for your clients to complete on desktop or mobile
Watch a video overview of all our new features and improvements:
💰 Time and billing
You can now schedule invoices for future times and dates, allowing you to avoid the stress of last-minute invoicing and ensure that invoices always go out at optimal times.
Here’s how it works:
- Create multiple invoices in advance and schedule them at times of your choosing
- All scheduled invoices now show up in your invoices tab with the scheduled status — clients will be able to see them from the scheduled time and date
- We’ve also added a new filter, so you can sort your invoices by scheduled status
- Scheduled invoices can be easily synced with QuickBooks Online
Recurring invoice templates
We’ve also added the ability to create templates for recurring invoices, so you can save time on manual data entry and invoice formatting, maintain brand consistency and reduce invoicing errors.
- Choose from a selection of pre-defined recurrences (daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, semiannually, yearly) or create custom recurrence schedules
- Customize templates with shortcodes to add a personal touch for each client, providing both efficiency and flexibility
Automatically add service descriptions to itemized invoices
We’ve added a new description field to service templates, where you can provide additional information about the services you provide — what’s included, what isn’t, etc.
When you add a service to an invoice — for example, monthly payroll — the description is then automatically included in the line item. You can edit it directly in the invoice if necessary.
If you already have services and corresponding descriptions in QuickBooks Online, you can easily sync them with TaxDome by clicking the “Copy from QuickBooks” button.
This update saves you the time and hassle of adding descriptions manually each time you add a service to an invoice, while providing clarity for your client.
Manual payments: autofill payment amount from selected invoices
We’ve simplified the way manual payments work in TaxDome. Now, when you create a manual payment, you can select the invoices to which you want to apply the payment, and the payment amount is calculated and added automatically.
This update eliminates the risk of error while speeding up the manual payment process.
As a reminder, you can accept payments via credit card and bank transfer using TaxDome (read more here). Manual payments are only used when a client pays using cash, a check, or a card-processing service such as Square.
New formatting options for contact names
You can now choose how contact names are displayed in TaxDome with a range of new formatting options, making our CRM more flexible and customizable than ever.
To change the default format, go to the “Contact name formatting” section of your Firm Settings page and select an option from the drop-down menu.
New formats can be applied to all new contacts, all existing contacts or specific contacts.
🖥️ Desktop app
New actions for managing and viewing documents in TaxDome Drive
By right-clicking on a document in TaxDome Drive, you can now perform the following actions, without having to log into the web portal:
- Link documents to specific jobs
- Mark documents as read for clients
- View documents in a web browser
- Seal and protect sensitive documents
We’ll also be adding the ability to request signatures and share documents via TaxDome Drive in the coming months, so stay tuned for more updates.
New bulk upload process to migrate documents
We’ve made it easier to upload documents using our desktop app. You can now create a new folder, set its access rights and apply a folder template during the bulk upload process.
This update saves you time and effort, as there’s now no need to switch between the desktop app and web portal to create folders.
Companies House integration (UK)
Thanks to this new integration, you can now synchronize data from Companies House to update account information about businesses incorporated in the UK to TaxDome.
You can import data to a single account or in bulk in just one click, eliminating the risk and hassle that comes with manual data entry.
🎥 Product webinars
Join us for live daily webinars designed to get you up to speed on workflow automation, document management, team collaboration, billing and more.
Below are the webinars available — you can catch them live every week (with Q&A), and you can also watch the recordings at any time.
- TaxDome 101: implementation guide for getting started
- Workflow: how to leverage automation to manage internal processes
- Getting paid: proposals, engagement letters and billing
- Documents: secure storage, e-signatures, approvals, notifications and more
- Team management: access rights, notifications and internal communication
If you’ve already attended one of our webinars, we’d love to hear your feedback. Let us know in our Facebook Community what you enjoyed, what was particularly useful and anything we could improve.
- Revamped filters for Contacts: you can now narrow down searches using multiple conditions (e.g., is, is not, tags, services) to create complex filter queries — and save them for future one-click use.
- Renamed filter attributes: we’ve made some important improvements to the naming of certain filter attributes to make them easier to understand — for example, the “Pipeline” filter attribute is now “Active jobs” (here’s more on filters).
- TaxDome Academy Certification Program: we’re sending gifts to the first 100 certified advisors on our brand-new certification program throughout November (more about becoming a TaxDome Certified Advisor).
- New implementation course: have you performed your account’s initial setup but aren’t sure whether you’ve configured everything correctly? Need a crash course for new team members? Our brand-new course will run you through the basics in a matter of minutes. Sign up here>>
All of the above — plus 65 more tweaks and fixes! Join our Facebook Community to ask questions, request features or chat with other TaxDome users.
In case you missed it, here’s a summary of the major features we covered in our previous post.
Subscribe to our news!
We will send you the best of our blog just once a month. We promise.