Another month, another slew of exciting updates to share.
We’ve implemented additional security with two-factor authentication, released a template library for pipelines, added scanning capabilities within the mobile apps, created video content for both you and your clients to make full use of TaxDome and much more. Read on to learn the details.
🔐Two-Factor Authentication (2FA)
We are very glad to say that TaxDome has made your data even more secure with the introduction of Two-factor authentication (2FA). Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) can be used to help protect your account from unauthorized access by requiring you to enter an additional code (from Google Authenticator or similar applications).
2FA is available for all TaxDome users – both firm members and your clients. It is an optional security feature that can be enabled/disabled for your TaxDome account as and when you wish. However, we highly recommend you to enable this as soon as possible to keep hackers/criminals from breaking into your account.
2FA is turned on individually for each account (e.g., each of your team members and clients should set it up for themselves).
📋 Bulk Send Organizers
Customizable organizers can be sent one-off or automated via pipelines. Now, we’re happy to announce that you can bulk send organizers from the accounts list by selecting multiple client accounts or via the +NEW button and selecting ‘Organizer’. And in case you want to create organizers for clients BEFORE sending email invites to access their portal, you can send organizers even to your Offline Accounts.
🤖 Pipelines: Template Library and Other Enhancements
Pipelines have always been one of the most beloved features of our clients. That’s exactly why we’re excited to announce a number of anticipated and often requested new updates.
- Pipeline template library now available! You can now review our growing list of templates, copy the ones you like into your workspace, and then edit it to fit your needs. If the pipeline has attached automated actions, those templates will copy to your library, as well. For example, the 1040 pipeline will send an organizer to your client in the beginning, inform them via email that their return is being prepared, assign tasks to your team, alert the client when their return has been filed, and more. If you copy a template to your firm, you can modify it fully to fit your needs.
- When viewing a pipeline, you can now see the start date for recurring tasks in the title.
- Additional options for sorting of pipelines: you can now sort by the amount of time the account has been in the stage (newest first or oldest first).
- We added a new page where you can see all your pipelines. Here you can see the number of client accounts in each pipeline and edit the pipeline without having to navigate to Settings).
- More updates to the pipelines are on the way!
📲 Document Scanner Inside the Mobile App
Shaky photos with coffee in the background? No scanner available? The TaxDome Mobile App now allows your clients to take photos by phone & turn them into high-quality scanned documents.The built-in document scanner allows previewing, cropping, & rotating photos as needed, allowing your clients to provide you with readable documents directly into their client portal.
📽 TaxDome Client Academy
Are you aware of the help tools available for your clients? We’re pleased to inform you that twelve TaxDome Client Academy videos covering TaxDome client portal functionality are now available on YouTube. Included are some of our most commonly requested videos: How to Use the Mobile App or How to Upload Documents.
The video academy complements our client-focused help center. Your clients have access to both the TaxDome Client Academy & the Client Help from within their (?) icon.
👀 Visual Improvements and User Experience
We continue to focus on making your and your clients’ experience better. In case you missed some of the smaller updates, here is a list:
- Filter by tag improvements. You will never see empty results again. Now, searchable tags will only appear if there is at least one result. And if you need to filter accounts/tasks without any tags applied, you can select the NO TAG option.
- Client profile update. You can now decide which of the account’s emails will receive all system notifications (e.g. new messages, bills, organizers to complete, etc.). Significant updates to client profile access are coming soon!
- Partial payments enabled. The make prepayment button is always visible, even when there are outstanding bills. Thus, clients can make prepayment for any amount, anytime.
- Update to reminders (auto-nag) in secure messaging. You can now turn reminders on and off for a message thread not only when you create it, but also any time going forward.
- Multiple emails for contacts are now supported. You can create multiple email fields (e.g., Personal Email, Work Email, Secondary Email, etc.). The system will use them to identify the contact while searching or when linking contacts to an account.
- Better document uploads. You can now rename documents right inside the upload interface.
Plus 116 more tweaks and fixes!
Thanks for reading! We hope these features will help improve your day-to-day experience in TaxDome. If you have any other suggestions, let us know—we’d love to hear them!