This month is focused on improving the core facet of your client user experience: uploading documents. We’ve made marked improvements to the mobile app scanner, allowing your clients to upload high quality PDF files. We’ve also improved the process of setting up pipelines & automation, along with many more changes.
👨👩👧👦 Client Portal
Improved mobile app scanner
The built-in scanner now provides a high-resolution scan and image editor. When your clients take pictures, their files will automatically be cropped and enhanced. In addition, they can also take multiple page scans, and clients can retake specific pages without re-uploading the whole document. Finally, all scanned files will be saved as high-quality PDFs.
Secure file upload without authorization
You can now obtain documents from your clients securely without them having to log in. The new functionality allows you to generate a secure link to request files you need to the folder of your choice. Your clients will get an email notification with the link or you can simply share it with them through any medium of your choice.
🤖 Workflow Automation
We continue to make improvements to your workflow and there are even bigger changes coming over the next few months (hint: Recurring jobs + Auto-move). In the meantime, we’ve redesigned the page to create and edit automations, making it more intuitive.
Pipeline set up redesign
We’ve redesigned the interface where you create and edit Pipeline. You now need fewer clicks to set up automations, add and remove stages, and set up customized reminder schedules. As a reminder, pre-set automated reminders are available for organizers and messages; coming soon to contracts and invoices.
Job automation: link secure messages & time entries to jobs
More context: now you can better organize your information by linking messages and time entries to specific jobs. Messages created through automated actions will be linked to the job automatically.
Overall, you can link bills, contracts, documents, organizers and more to jobs. Coming in 2021: integration of time + billing!
We’ve added more options to export your data in addition to adding new use cases for existing functionality.
Email template improvements
Email templates can now be used in job automations, one-off emails, or bulk emails sent to many recipients.
And even more updates here:
- Archive clients: You can now remove the portal login toggle from contacts, allowing you to archive clients while retaining them in your system. Alternatively, you can use this option to communicate with prospects without granting them portal access. More»
- Export Contacts to CSV. You can now export all Contact data, including custom fields. More»
- Filters by import date. in Accounts and Contacts lists. More»
📚 Document Workflow
You now have more flexibility in printing PDFs, images as well as improved ability to move documents between silos (Private, Public, Client’s Docs). In the near future, silos will be removed — you will be able to set up access rights on a folder-level.
- Print PDF documents and images. You can print PDF documents and images (JPG, JPEG, PNG, GIF, BMP, WEBP, etc.) right from the client’s account. More»
- Move folders between silos. More»
- Documents in trash now available for 120 days (up from 30). More»
🔥 Other Improvements
- New access right: Manage site. You can now allow other team members to design & manage your site. More»
- Global search. You can now search for any keyword across accounts, contacts, custom fields, and documents. Results depend on user access rights.
- Improved QuickBooks Sync: You can now view the status of each client account’s QuickBooks sync within the profile.
All of the above plus 62 more tweaks and fixes! Join our Facebook Community to ask any questions, request features, or just chat with your peers.
In case you missed it, here’s a summary of the major features which we covered in the previous post.