One of the best things about today’s technological growth is how it has helped many accounting firms go paperless. CPAs enjoy this especially with CRM systems which help them manage the sheer amount of client information they handle. The demand for effective CRM came from the need for accountants to keep up with increasing client accounts, centralize data for easy access to information anywhere at any time, and keep up with lead flows. CRM accounting software makes everything convenient, and this popular benefit is why so many of them exist.
Understanding CRM accounting software
Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software are programs designed to help businesses (in this case, accounting firms, bookkeepers, and tax professionals) handle client information and relationships better. They are tools that bring order to elements of customer relationship in your organization, such as contact list-building, information updating, and task tracking, automation, communication, email marketing, among many more. Their goal is to make it easier for your business to better attend to your customers’ needs. The popularity of CRM for accountants makes it challenging to pick from so many great options. To make your choice easier, here is our selection of eight platforms that we believe make up the best CRM for tax professionals on the market.
HubSpot CRM describes itself as a platform dedicated to supporting the growth of organizations. It helps your firm achieve this with an easy-to-use CRM system that allows you to monitor both team and client conditions in a clear, simple dashboard. Some of its key features include:
- Pipeline management, which lets you create and oversee the client sales journey.
- Task and lead automation, saving time and directing staff attention to more involving work.
- Customization tools and objects which let you create a platform that is just the right fit for your business.
- Tracking and progress reporting, allowing you to stay on top of firm performance.
- Easy appointment and Meeting Scheduling capabilities for both clients and staff.
- Unlimited users, data, and up to 1,000,000 contacts.
HubSpot CRM offers free use of limited but effective tools, along with monthly plans ranging from $50 to $1200, depending on whether yours is the starter, professional, or enterprise package.
CRM platforms for accountants don’t get more convenient than with TaxDome. It is an application that is tailor-made to address the needs of accounting firms in particular. The software integrates various features that allow for more automated client interactions and productive staff or team management practices. The following are some of them:
- A centralized hub where clients requiring action are easy to locate.
- A streamlined interface from which you can manage staff workload.
- Bulk email sending, allowing accountants to reach out to many clients at a time. Other bulk actions are also available.
- A client-recording system that gives you flexibility when managing different client’s businesses and projects.
- Data importation for easy migration of data from prior CRM systems and documents such as spreadsheets.
- Custom fields for centralization and management of client and staff data.
- Unlimited e-signatures, making the signing process convenient for customers.
- Unlimited secure storage for both customer and staff data.
- Email syncing, which automatically links all client emails to their account on your firm, saving you the hassle of manually finding them all.
- Unlimited contacts, allowing your firm to grow without more spending on CRM.
Customers can opt for a $50 per month plan for all features and extra services: free support and training sessions, website hosting, website transitioning and more.
See how Cassandra Centeno from Total Tax Services grows her client base with TaxDome and its CRM:
Easy file sharing and communication between CPAs and their clients is the goal of this CRM for accountants. Always waiting for clients to send documents or spending hours searching across various platforms for them is an ineffective hassle. Liscio aims to avoid this with its easy-to-use mobile app that comes with the following features:
- Smart document management, allowing for easy access and sharing.
- Easy tracking for client-facing tasks with reminders and alerts for overdue actions from clients.
- Secure file sharing to Liscio from most existing platforms.
- Real-time communication directly with clients in a simple messaging format.
- Integrated e-signature for on-point signing.
- A team-wide shared dashboard with real-time activity feeds and seamless communication with clients by any member of staff.
Liscio offers a free demo for interested clients, with $50 a month pricing for small firms, $199 for medium-sized firms, and $399 for large companies.
PipeDrive prides itself on being a CRM platform designed to improve the sales process for both salespeople and their clients. For this, it offers the following features:
- Lead management for easy client tracking in different stages of the sales journey in a unique visual sales pipeline that’s easy to understand.
- Automation of repetitive tasks, so salespeople are free to focus on more demanding work.
- Communications tracking of messages and calls with clients for transparency and open information availability.
- Mobile app availability for access to client content anytime, anywhere.
- Privacy and security features such as alerts, access longs, and tips to keep company and client information secure.
PipeDrive offers a 14-day free trial, and interested clients can sign up for monthly subscriptions starting from the Essential plan for $15, Advanced for $29, Professional for $59, to the Enterprise plan for $99.
Insightly CRM for accountants is a platform designed to assist businesses in effectively handling clients at each step of their customer journey.
Its interface allows for the effortless collection and viewing of customer data, as well as effective management of workflow. Some of its key features include:
- Convenient lead routing, sending the right content to the right client while allowing for timely follow-ups by your staff.
- Time and resource-saving through automation of tasks.
- Integration with other platforms such as Gmail, Outlook, and more.
- Bulk email creation and sending, with tracking on engagement statistics to encourage better campaign creation.
- Contact linking for better client understanding.
- Progress tracking for milestones and processes to keep you updated on the effectiveness of your projects.
You can try Insightly CRM’s 14-day free trial or opt-in for one of three monthly subscription plans: Plus for $29, Professional for $49, and Enterprise for $99.
This software aims to help businesses increase the effectiveness of their sales and customer relationship. Zoho CRM tax-related firms in particular benefit from the following features that make objective completion more effective.
- Automation of marketing, sales journey, and workflow.
- Lead and deal management that helps identify deals that can close.
- Contact management puts all your client contact information in one, easy-to-access place.
- Platform customization to suit your firm’s needs concerning accounting workflow.
- Reporting on various aspects of progress, with viewable analytics that help you gauge firm performance.
- Email integration from any platform and management of email content that you send to clients.
Zoho CRM offers a free edition of its program with tools that you can enjoy without making any payment. More features are available in its four paid monthly plans: $18 for standard, $30 for professional, $45 for enterprise, and $55 for ultimate. You can enjoy a 15 day free trial of each before making your purchase.
Nimble markets itself as the CRM platform that is the best suited for teams that prioritize using office 365 and G Suite. However, it is just as effective even if your firm doesn’t utilize those platforms. As an accounting practice management software, here as some of its features that make work easier for you and your clients.
- Contact unification automatically combines contact information from over 160 different apps into an easy-to-access portal for you.
- Contact segmentation helps you group your clients according to their needs and interests, allowing for more effective, personalized mass communication through email.
- Team and client management on dashboards that provide customer relationship insights and staff progress on given tasks.
- Easy access from anywhere, at any time on platforms such as web browsers, email, and socials.
- Analytics to help you track your progress on both sales and team performance.
- Visual sales pipeline to keep track of clients at different points of the sale process.
You can try Nimble for free for 14 days, or opt into their $25 per month plan to enjoy these and more features for longer.
For professionals already using CPA software QuickBooks, MethodCRM is a perfect match. It is a platform that offers integration with QuickBooks, creating an effective accounting practice management software for any accounting firm. Aside from this unique selling point, other features that you get to enjoy as a business include:
- Online portal creation for clients, allowing them to make their payments completely on their own.
- Lead management with an automated lead collection system. Sync leads to QuickBooks upon becoming paying clients.
- Customer management with a complete overview of all clients and their information, allowing you to craft targeted sales campaigns for the right contacts.
- Customization tools such as fields, tables, templates, and more, allowing you to create a platform that is specific to your firm’s needs.
You get a 30 day free trial with MethodCRM, and either a monthly $28 Contact Management plan or a $49 CRM Pro subscription if you decide to continue. The difference is in the integration of Quickbooks on the CRM Pro plan.
When looking for good CRM accounting software, go for a platform that lets you streamline both your staff and client relationships, like TaxDome. Its tools help you build an environment that is easy to navigate for both parties, which makes your accounting work infinitely easier. Therefore, a dedicated tax practice CRM platform like TaxDome is the most optimal selection for firms and professionals in the accounting industry.