This month is dedicated to improving the user experience of your clients. We’ve redesigned the client portal with a simplified to-do list for your clients, added 5 language options, and significantly improved the secure message interface (think Whatsapp). In addition, we’ve added the ability to incorporate clients into your workflow by assigning them tasks. And much more!
🎨 Client Dashboard Redesign
The client portal homepage now features an easy to read to-do list for your clients to accomplish. The to-do’s include pending signatures, messages, pending contracts, unpaid bills, unread documents, etc. The links take them directly where they need to go to accomplish the task.
🌎 Client Portal Localization
Now your clients can use TaxDome in Spanish, French, German, Italian and Dutch (along with English). Simply navigate to Settings and select the language of your choice.
Coming soon, you will be able to do the same for your firm navigation.
✅ Client Tasks
You can now incorporate clients into your workflow & assign them tasks. A checklist of pending items will make it easy for your clients to know what information you need them to provide. And, with automatic reminders, you won’t need to spend time reminding them about it.
💡Custom CRM Fields in Accounts
Custom fields are now available for Accounts in addition to Contacts. You can add as many fields as you need, but we’ll only show non-empty fields in each Account.
📑 Improvements In Document Workflow
We have very exciting changes coming to how you work with Documents in the near future. This month, we’ve made the following changes that should improve your workflow:
- Cancel Signature Request. If you mistakenly sent a signature request, you can now cancel it. Signature requests can be canceled if none of the requested signers have signed. Learn more
- Seal Documents & Folders in Bulk. If you seal a folder, all files inside this folder will be sealed as well.
- Document Statuses. See whether documents are pending payment, pending approval, have been approved, disapproved, etc without extra clicks. More about statuses.
- Filter by Signature. You can also filter by signatures to find unsigned documents or those which may have failed KBA and require your attention. More about filters.
💬 Secure Messages Improvements
Just like Whatsapp, except integrated with your client portal. Secure messages are incredibly useful in communicating effectively with your clients & saving you time. This month, we’ve made the following changes:
- Send Secure Messages in Bulk. You can send secure messages to many clients at once saving time on requesting information from clients one by one.
- Templates in Bulk Messaging. While sending a bulk message, you can choose a message template instead of typing one manually.
- Less Clicks to Send a Message. Titles are now optional and years have been removed. Soon, you will also be able to add tasks to message templates for automated actions.
🔗 Link Documents to Jobs
As we continue to add functionality to Jobs, you will be able to link everything within a Client Account to a specific job to help keep context. The improve Job functionality, the second link, in addition to tasks, is the ability to link documents to a job.
Coming soon, invoices, contracts, organizers, messages, and more — all will be able to be linked to specific Jobs. step (after tasks) of linking all items within a Client Account to a specific job When creating or editing jobs, you can add documents there. You now need fewer actions and clicks to link a document with a corresponding job.
🆕In-app Notification Center for Updates
Find out about new features & improvements directly within TaxDome. Just click on the question mark in the upper right corner and press “What’s new”!
💌 Inbox+ & Notifications
We’ve made a number of improvements to Inbox+, your centralized location for all activity within your firm.
- New Filters in Inbox+. You can now filter notifications by organizers, messages, signatures, and contracts.
- Notifications About Prepayment notifications. You now receive these in addition to notifications about paid bills.
- Inbox+ notifications now reflect updated conversations in threads. If a new email notification is a response from a team member to an existing thread, there will not be duplicates. Even if you archived it but there is a new response, the notification will return to the top of your Inbox+.
🔥 Other Improvements
- QuickBooks Sync Improvements. We have two new ways to improve the connection between TaxDome & QBO: You can now elect to include Stripe fees in your QBO in the desired expense account & category of your choice. Or you can now see all sync errors in one place. You also have an option whether to fix or skip them. More about manually handling sync issues.
- Windows Desktop App. TaxDome Drive is much faster now! You can use any app to modify files (Adobe, Word, Excel) and then save them to TaxDome Drive. To update your app please restart it or download the last version from the Settings section of your portal.
- Alerts on Unsaved Changes. Alerts will remind you to save changes if you accidentally clicked the Back button. They appear if you’re creating or editing email templates, tasks, pipelines, and organizer templates. Changes in Jobs are autosaved.
- Disable Two-Factor Authentication. Firm owners can now disable two-factor authentication for their clients and team members if they have lost access to their authenticator app. Here’s how to manage 2FA.
All of the above plus 84 more tweaks and fixes!
In case you missed it, here’s a summary of the major features which we covered in the previous post.